Our Stories│Our Voices
New work by local Aboriginal artists identifies stories, personal connections and growth of practice. Our Stories: Our Voices Exhibition opened Friday 5 August 2016 at 5.30pm.
Throughout the month there will be artist workshops, demonstrations and a Wearable art Fashion Parade.
- Official Exhibition opening: 5.30pm Friday 5 August by Cr John Watson, City of Wodonga
- Artist floor talk: 10am Saturday 6 August 2016
- Artist workshop: 4.30pm Tuesday 9 August 2016 Bookings essential: thecubewodonga.com.au or (02) 6022 9311
- Botanical drawing en plein air: 9.30am - 11.30am Wednesday 10 August 2016 in conjunction with Wodonga Urban Landcare Network. Meet at Lambourne Dve, Felltimber Creek
- Wearable Art fashion parade: 6pm Tuesday 16 August 2016
- Artist demonstrations: Monday 22 August to Saturday 27 August 2016, various times in the gallery to be advised.
Enquiries for all events to Arts Space Wodonga on (02) 6022 9600
Our Stories: Our Voices celebrates the new work of local Aboriginal artists represented in our Murray Arts publication of the same title. Co-curated by both Arts Space Wodonga and Murray Arts, the exhibition highlights the exceptional work and achievements of local artists. Art practices, including painting, sculpture and digital media, express connections with community, share personal stories and the growth of practice by Aboriginal artists in our local area.
Our Stories : Our Voices Exhibition is a fitting tribute to the incredible growth of Aboriginal art in this region.
Image credit: Margaret Murray,
Brooch (detail), 2015, emu feathers and quandong seeds
Photograph: Paul Temple